Thursday, August 21, 2008

Playing with Pictures

Earlier this summer we took the kids to Red Butte Gardens, where there is a bridge you can walk underneath in the kids section. My daughter was standing at the top and caught me taking pictures of her. The one I'm posting was one of my favorites.


I was playing with some of the programs on my computer, and came across a long lost photo shop where I decided to see if I could make this pic black and white, just to see how it might translate with a little change. I hope you agree it was every bit as stunning (some other pics didn't translate as well).


Then I did something I haven't done in a long, long time. I picked up my almost forgotten drawing pencils (from when I decided to try drawing back in March...or May), printed off the black and white copy, drew in some helpful boxes to guide me, and had some fun drawing. Though you might not see my daughter in it the first time around, I think it still carries the same essence. It took a few tries to get the mouth right, but I'm pleased (it's a huge improvement over the first try. Trust me).


In any case, she sure is a beauty!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is awesome You have done a beautiful job. M is a very pretty girl!
Talena