Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Slacker Poster & a Hodge Podge of Information

I've had so many fantasmic ideas running through my head on things I could post about, but running seems to be as far as I get. The moment I sit down to put something on the screen I either go a complete blank, or my inspiration runs dry.

I'm blaming it on the heat. There's just too much of it. I keep offering to switch places with my friend Herbie over in England with his highs in the 70's and 80's, but he hasn't taken me up on it just yet. He'd take my 90+ degree weather any day.

Last week our family took the very first vacation that involved all six of us, and it seems to have wiped me out. I'm still trying to catch up on laundry, and the house was only cleaned yesterday. Of course with the whirlwind I lovingly refer to as my children, you certainly can't tell. Such is life.

I offered my house up for a woman in my ward (local church congregation) to host a Lia Sophia party. I am completely in love with this jewelry line, I just wish they made a little more available in gold rather than silver. But I do love to look at the silver. I used up the very last of my LDSBlogs paychecks, and will still have to switch a bit more money over, but it's worth it if this woman can get some nice sparklies. She doesn't get the chance to have nice things that often.

My youngest, A, has an intense love for sparklies. At only two years old this can create a problem. She also loves cell phones (which we don't have), iPods (which we don't have), and giant calculators (which I learned only tonight). Most of these items are provided every Sunday by her "Church Mom" Errin. We learned just how much she loves these items one Sunday when A wouldn't go to Errin since Errin didn't bring the cell phone. Hmmm. Fickle child.

My Brishfish photo has gone down to 199th place. If anyone here is reading this post, when you're done click on the link to the right and you can vote every day or so. I want to keep up near the first, as those photos are noticed more. Just a shameless plug. I think I'm allowed to have those every once in a while.

I shredded 20 cups of zucchini today, and used only two of those for a zucchini chocolate chip cake. It was yuuuuuumy. I'd save you a piece, but, you know. I love chocolate.

All in all it's been some good weeks. I can hardly believe the kids are almost back in school, and that my darling hubby is preparing to return to his part-time job. Most of me feels like I blinked and the summer ran past. Not fair, people. Simply not fair.

Okay I have a friend to e-mail and I really feel like I'm done with this post. Have a lovely day.

No comments: