Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 1 of Femininity

So technically I cheated...and started my week of femininity yesterday :) Knowing today would be a crazy day - and hating to take pictures of myself SO MUCH I wanted to get it done yesterday - I got all gussied up early.

One of the reasons I love this skirt is it's SO flowy! I have endless amounts of freedom in it without feeling like I'm wearing a corset (a condition that makes a fairly obvious difference...I'm just saying). The fun blues and crinkly nature also make it a favorite.

Few things make me feel more feminine than having my hair down. Lately I've been wanting to chop it off, but my goodness, then I see it like this and think, "PRETTY!" In any case, some things I noticed yesterday: do you know...I just felt beautiful. My hubby thinks I'm beautiful every day, but it's so rare for me to feel the same way. The years have not always been kind when it comes to my looks (CAROL - it's just how I feel! I know you think I'm beautiful too! *kisses*). But when I put on something like this I can't help feel as though I'm just a bit...more.

Because of this I felt energized to get things done. And that's a result I was not expecting. Maybe it has something to do with my mental and emotional health. Maybe feeling beautiful helped me to want to make my surroundings a little more beautiful. It's amazing how when you feel good about yourself, it seeps into every aspect of your life...even when it comes down to getting a load or two of the never-ending laundry done ♥

6 comments:

Burwell's Bits said...

You look fabulous and I love your hair!! I should try it but I know it will still be a few weeks before I am feeling better and right now that is just energy I do not have. Have a great week.

Unknown said...

Your skirt is just beautiful Laurie! You look so feminine and beautiful! I am so glad you are enjoying this and I can't wait to hear your thoughts during the week. I can relate with you about feeling pretty. I grew up with a dad who told me I would never be pretty. That I would always be ugly! So, I do feel a bit pretty in dresses - at least I feel better about myself, and that's what matters. Have a glorious day today wearing your beautiful skirts! :)

Rose said...

That skirt looks beautiful on you~nice and flowing~I like my skirts that way also. No tight skirts for me~they are too uncomfortable. Do not cut your hair~it is nice and long. Strawberry blonde,too. Very lovely. God bless, Rose

Josie and Wayne said...

Well, if I had a skirt like that I just might do the challenge. You look great!

Ellen said...

Laurie, you look so beautiful. I love your skirt, your hair. I'm so proud of you for taking the challenge! I have to tell you, though, that I didn't do it after all. When it came right down to wearing a skirt yesterday, I chickened out. But I'm going to take the challenge when I feel more ready. Just you wait and see!

And, Josie, make yourself a skirt like that, okay? No Excuses!!

Cynthia said...

Hi Laurie! I think this is such a great idea. I enjoy making skirts, so I ought to wear them more. I guess sometimes I feel "too dressed up" on a "regular" day to wear a skirt, but I think my current mood would benefit from a challange such as this. My daughter wears skirts basically everyday, so I should follow her example (she has the kind with the built in shorts underneath - I love those for little girls!)
Thanks for sharing your darling picture!!