Monday, October 20, 2008

Fantastic Television

With the recent purchase of a new television, we've discovered a new station coming up from southern Utah, RTN. What's so glorious about this station? What has made it nestle so soundly within our hearts?

It plays some of our favorite "classic" shows. Shows from our childhood. Shows that even my children are 'getting into.'

The most fervently watched for us all?

The Hulk!!! My boys have been quite fascinated with the Hulk ever since little previews began to play during commercial times a year or two back when the first movie remake happened. They've never seen the movies. They have no idea of the premise behind the Hulk. They just think he's green and coooooooool.

Of course now they've seen the show a few times over they still think he's green and he's cooooool, but now they're getting a better idea of the man behind the hulking mask (pun utterly intended), David.

In any case I absolutely love the fact that my kids can now enjoy some of the shows I loved as a kid: The Hulk, Knight Rider, Malcolm P.I., etc. There are a few others I'd like to see come on, but I'll be content with what we've got.

For a while ION showed Scarecrow and Mrs. King. Wow did I love that show. In fact, I distinctly remember one Halloween night there was an episode, the conclusion of a cliffhanger from the week before, and I was seriously torn between watching and trick-or-treating. For those who know my love of vegging in front of the t.v. and a handful of candy, you must realize what a conflict this created in my young heart, lol.

The crazy thing about reliving these shows is to see how far we've come in so few years when it comes to displays between relationships and violence. These shows are extremely tame by today's standards, yet they pushed the limit in those days. I wonder (and cringe at the thought) of what television will be like in years to come.

In any case, I'm having a wonderful time reliving a bit more of my youthful days :)

~~~~~~~~~
It's a day later but I just remembered another one. The Greatest American Hero!

No comments: